Hi WhyChat, et all;
I'm not sure how I did this since I spent at least 20 hours reviewing the process, reading all the other postings, etc but I messed up the order of the process. Here's some history - I had some surgery in September of 2008. Shortly after, I lost my job because my company closed. Insurance paid everything except the $250 copay but I was unable to pay the copay since I had little savings. It's been on my credit report since April of 2009. I found WhyChat after doing some research and thought I had it all figured out. Here's what
1. Opted Out
2. Sent Letters to Equifax and Trans Union (not showing on Experian).
3. Trans Union deleted immediately.
4. Equifax came back as verified.
Here's where I screwed up - I though that was the debt validation so I sent the WhyChat letter with the $263 (cashiers check) owed directly to the OC (following all the instructions). After I came back from the post office, I checked the site again where it became all too clear that I goofed up the order. I have not sent the DV letter to the CA.
My question is; should I wait to see what the OC does before sending the DV letter to the CA? It's only been a week since I sent the payment / letter CMRRR. The letter has been delivered and I have my green card. I checked today and the payment hasn't cleared.
Would it be advised to send the DV letter to CA or just hold off until I hear back from the OC? Did I totally screw myself on this one?
Thanks for all your help and I appreciate any insight you can provide!!
Wait until the check has cleared, then use the follow up letters ( after insert "c")
The reporting CA may have no current relationship with the OC, so this might not work. If it doesn't, then send the medical DV to the CA and the follow up dispute to Eq.